pspp-0.10.0 released [stable]
Ben Pfaff
2016-03-26 17:46:37 UTC
I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new version of GNU PSPP.
PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a
free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.

Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/pspp-0.10.0.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/pspp-0.10.0.tar.gz.sig

Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:

gpg --verify pspp-0.10.0.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys C6648E90

and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.

Changes from 0.8.5 to 0.10.0:

* The QUICK CLUSTER command has a /PRINT subcommand which shows
the initial cluster centres and the final cluster membership of
each case. The clustering algorithm has also been updated, so
as to produce better separated clusters.

* A Russian localisation has been contributed.

* The GRAPH command now has a /BAR subcommand to draw barcharts.

* If the DECIMAL character is set to COMMA then the ',' character
will not be treated as a separator by DATA LIST.

* The graphical user interface (psppire) has been changed as follows:

- It now uses Gtk+ version 3 instead of version 2. Accordingly, it has a
somewhat different look and feel.

- There is now a Graphs menu to access the GRAPH command.

- The status of dialog box widgets are now preserved between calls
to the same dialog box for the same dataset.

- The dialog box for the Logistic Regression command will now
infer that string variables or any varible with a "measure"
of Nominal or Ordinal are to be treated as categorical variables
and will generate syntax accordingly.

* The pspp-convert utility can now decrypt encrypted syntax files.
The encrypted syntax file format is unacceptably insecure, so to
discourage its use PSPP and PSPPIRE do not directly read or write
this format.

* New commands:

- SORT VARIABLES.

* The following functions for transformation expressions are new:

- REPLACE, for search-and-replace of one string with another.

- STRUNC, to truncate a string and trim trailing spaces.

- MEDIAN, to compute the median of its arguments.

- The TRUNC function in expressions now supports additional arguments
for truncating to values other than integers and to indicate a level
of rounding fuzz. The default rounding fuzz may now be controlled
and displayed with SET FUZZBITS and SHOW FUZZBITS, respectively.

* Bug fixes, including the following notable ones:

- The correlation coefficient in the paired samples t-test
procedure is now correctly calculated when presented with
weighted data.

- The ESCAPE subcommand has been removed from GET DATA /TYPE=TXT.
For compatibility, the behavior that ESCAPE enabled is now the
default and only supported behavior.

- Rendering of the variable and data sheets in right-to-left locales
now works properly.

- The Mann-Whitney test, when run on a dataset containing values
of the group variable, other than those defining the test groups,
would incorrectly calculate the ranks. This has been corrected.

* The IMPORTCASES subcommand on GET DATA is now ignored, for
compatibility.
Alan Mead
2016-03-26 17:52:22 UTC
Post by Ben Pfaff
I'm very pleased to announce the release of a new version of GNU PSPP.
PSPP is a program for statistical analysis of sampled data. It is a
free replacement for the proprietary program SPSS.
Great news! Many thinks to those to coded, tested, translated, etc.!

-Alan
--
Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time for Pi.

--"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
"Blade Runner" speech to software development
Carlos González Haro

Alan Mead
2016-03-26 19:19:05 UTC
Post by Carlos González Haro
Hi Alan,
Any direct link to download the pspp.0.10 for MacOs?
Thanks,
*Carlos*
*
*
Carlos,

The PSPP release now goes to packagers for various platforms. I don't
know anything about MacOS. The PSPP page:

Source: https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html
Post by Carlos González Haro
Mac OS X: use MacPorts (run port install pspp-devel to get the latest
and most featureful version, or port install pspp to get an older but
possibly better tested version)
So, it sounds like you might be able to now, or soon, type "port install
pspp" to get this release. There is a link for "more information" on
the get.html page. Good luck!

-Alan

Carlos González Haro
2016-03-26 19:49:32 UTC
Thanks Alan,

Carlos.

*Carlos González Haro**, PhD, MSc, BSc*
*Senior **Sport Scientist **/ **Strength & Conditioning Coach / **Sport
Physiologist*
*LinkedIn: *www.linkedin.com/in/carlosgonzalezharo
Frank Thomas