GNU PSPP 0.6.2 pre-release now available
Ben Pfaff
2009-07-02 17:18:50 UTC
A pre-release of PSPP 0.6.2 is now available at:
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/pspp-0.6.1-20090702.tar.gz

This will become 0.6.2 if I don't hear reports of new problems or
regressions within the next week or so.

Changes from 0.6.1 to 0.6.1-20090702:

* Statistical bug fixes:

- Report correct standard error of the estimate in REGRESSION
output (bug #25677).

* Build fixes and changes:

- Make running "make" after running "configure" with different
settings reliably rebuild version.c.

- Cygwin and MinGW build fixes.

- Fixes for building with recent gnulib.

- The Makefile now honors two new variables, PSPP_LDFLAGS and
PSPPIRE_LDFLAGS, that affect linking of the PSPP and PSPPIRE
binaries, respectively. This makes building easier for some
packagers.

- Fixes for "configure --enable-relocatable" (bug #25508).

* Data file bug fixes and changes:

- Fix reading text data files that contain a mix of white space
and commas. Now "a ,b" is treated as two fields containing "a"
and "b"; previously it was treated as three, with an empty field
in the middle.

- Fix writing corrupted .sav files on Windows.

- Fix writing corrupted .por files (bug #26034).

- Fix reading .por files whose initial lines are not padded out
with spaces as expected.

- PSPP will no longer issue warnings about some .sav file records
or values that it does not understand. These warnings were
harmless, but needlessly alarmed some users.

- Fix crash reading empty string fields from PostgreSQL databases.

* Bug fixes that affect PSPP and PSPPIRE:

- Users may now control precision of output statistics. Instead
of hard coding the width and decimals of output numbers, respect
the default format in most instances. Counts are now normally
displayed with the format of the weight variable, if any.

- Fix crash when an INSERT command specifies the name of a file
that does not exist (bug #24569).

- Fix crash when CROSSTABS specifies a long-string variable (bug
#24557).

- Fix crash drawing pie charts with many segments.

- Fix crash when NUMERIC specifies an invalid format.

* PSPPIRE bug fixes and changes:

- On Windows, write the output file to the user's home directory
instead of the current directory, to better match user
expectations.

- Some data editor fixes.

* Documentation:

- Fix typo in BINOMIAL section of user manual (bug #25892).
--
"Because computer source code is an expressive means for the exchange
of information and ideas about computer programming, we hold that it
--Hon. Boyce F. Martin, Jr., for the 6th Circuit Court, Junger vs. Daley
michel
2009-07-03 01:28:43 UTC
Hello,

On mingw translations isn't working. On master branch we had a problem with
relocatable and gettext.
I can't remember if it was fixed on stable to.

I will make more tests to see if I can find another issues.

Thanks,

Michel
michel
2009-07-03 01:33:45 UTC
Another issue that I forgot is that stable branch doesn't have the Dutch
translation.
The tests that I've made was with en_GB "translation".
michel
2009-07-03 02:08:01 UTC
Hello,

This is the bug #26543. On stable it wasn't fixed. Seems like the fix
is the same from master branch.
michel
2009-07-03 02:16:08 UTC
Hello,

I've found another bug. It is not relocating the output file. This is the
bug #26542 and
was already fixed on master. Seems like the same patch works on stable.

But as you can see on this bug, another issue raises if we fix it. Pspp
also doesn't relocate
the file to be opened on the output window. This part of master and stable
are not the same,
so I don't know if the fix is equal.

Best regards,

Michel
Ben Pfaff
2009-07-03 17:28:15 UTC
Post by michel
This is the bug #26543. On stable it wasn't fixed. Seems like the fix
is the same from master branch.
Thanks, I pushed a fix to the pre0.6.2 branch, so it will appear
in -pre2.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
Jason Stover
2009-07-03 13:01:47 UTC
Without the gui, all tests passed on OpenBSD with x86,
except this one:

libplot: ignoring request to create plotter of unknown type
You have discovered a bug in PSPP. Please report this
to bug-gnu-***@gnu.org. Please include this entire
message, *plus* several lines of output just above it.
For the best chance at having the bug fixed, also
include the syntax file that triggered it and a sample
of any data file used for input.
proximate cause: Segmentation Violation
version: GNU pspp 0.6.1-20090702 (Fri Jul 3 08:36:13 EDT 2009).
host_system: i386-unknown-openbsd4.5
build_system: i386-unknown-openbsd4.5
default_config_path: $HOME/.pspp:/usr/local/etc/pspp
include_path: ./:$HOME/.pspp/include:/usr/local/share/pspp
locale_dir: /usr/local/share/locale
compiler version: 3.3.5 (propolice)
run program 1
FAILED
FAIL: tests/bugs/piechart.sh

...but I think that's because I have an old copy of libplot.