2017-07-24 08:08:38 UTC
I am new to PSPP and I would like to try learning by using it in the same way I did with SPSS.
I recently downloaded PSPP by doing the following:
1. Went to https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/get.html
2. Under Binaries, Windows â I clicked Installers
3. Under Downloads I chose the most recent 32-bit version, which was PSPP_2016-09-27_daily_32bits
4. Then went through the installation process, which seemed to go OK.
5. I got the pie chart icon and the PSPP userâs guide on my desktop.
When I double click the PSPP icon, that actually runs PSPPIRE and puts me in the data editor.
From there I canât see how to get from PSPPIRE to the command line.
The user guide gives lots of useful information about what to do at the command line once you get there, but I canât find how to move between PSSPIRE and PSPP command line.
I was able to go to DOS and change to the directory containing the PSPP application, then type PSPP to get the command prompt (i.e. PSPP>).
Will I need to do this every time, or can I set up in such a way that I can double click an icon that takes me to the command prompt?