change language of programm
Larissa Reichl
2018-03-12 08:51:39 UTC
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I want to change the language of pspp from German to English. IÂŽve already
tried to deinstall and install it again but failed again.
I would appreciate it if you could help me.
Best regards
Larissa Stella Reichl
+436645407773
John Darrington
2018-03-12 11:45:40 UTC
Pspp will displays its strings using whatever language is set as the locale of
the environment in which it is running. That is to say, if you have installed
it on a computer which has (say) 3 users - an Englishman, a German and a Chinese,
then when logged on as the English person it'll display in English, when logged on
as the German it'll display German and Madarin for the Chinese.

This assumes of course that each user has set his/her environment accordingly.
How to do that depends exactly on the operating system. For example on GNU/Linux
if you wanted German output you would put a command like "export LANG=de_DE.utf8"
in your .profile - Other systems have different ways of setting users' languages - if
you are using a different system, then you need to read the manual for your operating
system to find out how to do this.

Hope this helps.

J'

#On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 09:51:39AM +0100, Larissa Reichl wrote:
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I want to change the language of pspp from German to English. I??ve already
tried to deinstall and install it again but failed again.
I would appreciate it if you could help me.
Best regards
Larissa Stella Reichl
+436645407773

Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3
Matej Kovacic
2018-03-12 12:05:20 UTC
Hi,
Post by John Darrington
This assumes of course that each user has set his/her environment accordingly.
How to do that depends exactly on the operating system. For example on GNU/Linux
if you wanted German output you would put a command like "export LANG=de_DE.utf8"
in your .profile - Other systems have different ways of setting users' languages - if
you are using a different system, then you need to read the manual for your operating
system to find out how to do this.
Just an idea - maybe it will be good feature that user will be able to
set preferred language by himself inn PSPP. Maybe something under PSPP
options?

Regards,
M.
--
PGP Fingerprint: EBA8 0F17 24C4 17EA C4D2 2222 01B8 BBC8 FBF6 FFAD
PGP Key: