Import data 'Select Lines to Import' not showing
Karolina Palmér
2018-11-08 11:36:56 UTC
Hi

I am using PSPP_2017-09-09_daily_32bits
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2017-09-09/pspp-20170909-daily-32bits-setup.exe/download>on
Windows 7. When I try to import data (.txt or .csv) I get an empty window
after File - Import Data. Instead of 'Select Lines to Import', 'Choose
Separators' etc, I get an empty window with only 'Select File to Import'.
So I am not able to import data at all. I do not get this problem with
version 2016-07-14.

Regards Karolina Palmér
John Darrington
2018-11-08 15:21:50 UTC
Hi Karolina,

Thank you for the bug report.

Version 1.2.0 was released a few days ago, and the import GUI has
changed quite a bit. Can you try with the new version and see if
you get any improvement.

Thanks,

J'

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 12:36:56PM +0100, Karolina Palm??r wrote:
Hi

I am using PSPP_2017-09-09_daily_32bits
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/pspp4windows/files/2017-09-09/pspp-20170909-daily-32bits-setup.exe/download>on
Windows 7. When I try to import data (.txt or .csv) I get an empty window
after File - Import Data. Instead of 'Select Lines to Import', 'Choose
Separators' etc, I get an empty window with only 'Select File to Import'.
So I am not able to import data at all. I do not get this problem with
version 2016-07-14.

Regards Karolina Palm??r

Avoid eavesdropping. Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285 A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3
Karolina Palmér
2018-11-09 08:09:15 UTC

I have tried the new version, pspp-20181104-daily-32bits-ForTestingOnly. It now works to import data.

I also found out that the old version (2017-09-09) worked with Windows 10, but not with Windows 7.

Will the new version be implemented and safe to use in two weeks?

Regards Karolina

Karolina Palmér
Statistiker/Statistician
Centrum för Primärvårdsforskning (CPF)
Lunds Universitet och Region Skåne
Tel: +46 (0)40 391 297; mobil: +46 (0)739 67 58 42
www.cpf.se<http://www.cpf.se>

Postadress:

Clinical Research Center

Box 50332

202 13 Malmö

Besöksadress:

Jan Waldenströmsgata 35

214 28 MALMÖ

________________________________

Karolina Palmér

Harry Thijssen
2018-11-09 16:19:00 UTC
Hi Karolina,

>I have tried the new version, pspp-20181104-daily-32bits-ForTestingOnly on
>Windows 7. It seems it crashes when you click down a page (from the cross
in >the right corner instead of using 'Quit'). I get the error message
>"PSPPIRE (PSPP+GUI) has stopped working."

Is this consistent? At least I couldn't reproduce it on MSWindows 10.

If it is consistent, is it possible for you to try it on a 64 bits
MSWindows environment? If so, you could easily run the debug version and
get more info why the program crashes.

BTW the test version is fully functional and there is no reason why you
should not use it.

Have fun
Karolina Palmér
2018-11-12 14:28:37 UTC
Hi ___,

When running the application in debug mode, I get the following print-out. I guess the final assertion is the cause of the error, as the issue is triggered by closing the window?

Warning: cannot create a converter for `Mac-CentralEurope' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `ISO-IR-111' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `MacUkrainian' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `GEOSTD8' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `MacGujarati' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `MacGurmukhi' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `ISO-8859-8-I' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `MacDevangari' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `MacIcelandic' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `MacRomanian' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `TVCN' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument
Warning: cannot create a converter for `VPS' to `UTF-8': Invalid argument

(psppire.exe:7208): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load a pixbuf from /org/gtk/libgtk
/theme/Adwaita/assets/bullet-symbolic.svg.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
**
Gtk:ERROR:gtkwidget.c:5813:gtk_widget_get_frame_clock: assertion failed: (window != NULL)

Have fun
Harry Thijssen
2018-11-14 16:52:02 UTC
Hi Karolina

Thanks for your bug report. I filed a bug for it. You can see it at
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55016

Could you provide info under what circumstances the crash happens? Which
steps to folow to get the crash?

Thanks

Have fun

Karolina Palmér
2018-11-15 07:32:50 UTC
Hi

It happens when I have several windows open, for instance one data view and one output. When I close the window with data view (it doesnt happen when I close the output window), PSPP crashes.

Or if I have two datasets open, and I want to close one of them, it crashes and I need to start over again.