what features of Custom Tables (CTABLES) are most important?
Ben Pfaff
2010-12-05 17:11:42 UTC
A number of (potential) PSPP users have lately spoken up about
the importance of CTABLES. This is a very big job. I have a few
questions for those who want to see it implemented.

CTABLES has many subcommands. Only TABLES is required; all of
the rest are optional. So:

1. In addition to TABLES, what subcommands or other
features would you need to have implemented for
CTABLES to be any use at all for you?

2. What other subcommands or features would be helpful,
but not absolutely required?

Thanks,

Ben.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
Ben Pfaff
2010-12-08 21:12:32 UTC
Post by Ben Pfaff
A number of (potential) PSPP users have lately spoken up about
the importance of CTABLES. This is a very big job. I have a few
questions for those who want to see it implemented.
Several people have expressed interest in CTABLES, even offering
to contribute money for development, but I have not received even
a single response to this survey. This is disappointing.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
Michał Dubrawski
2010-12-09 08:03:05 UTC
Dear Ben,
Thank you very much for your willingness to implement CTABLES into PSPP. I'm
sorry for keeping you waiting for my answer. I'm preparing a list for you,
but I have also asked your question to my friend who knows CTABLES commands
much better than me.

kind regards and have a good day!
Michal
Message: 1
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 09:11:42 -0800
Subject: what features of Custom Tables (CTABLES) are most important?
A number of (potential) PSPP users have lately spoken up about
the importance of CTABLES. This is a very big job. I have a few
questions for those who want to see it implemented.
CTABLES has many subcommands. Only TABLES is required; all of
1. In addition to TABLES, what subcommands or other
features would you need to have implemented for
CTABLES to be any use at all for you?
2. What other subcommands or features would be helpful,
but not absolutely required?
Thanks,
Ben.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
End of Pspp-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 5
Ben Pfaff
2010-12-12 22:52:50 UTC
I apologize again for the delay in answering you and I'm really sorry that you
felt disappointed- I had a hard week on the university and in my office with
little time to sleep. I have answered to your survey yesterday in the morning
but I see that my message hasn’t reached you (it was not published in
yesterdays Pspp-users Digest - maybe because of time differences). After your
first question I have prepared a list of commands from SPSS command syntax
reference guide and ask my friend for help. Please find attached our first
answer.
This is very good. Thank you, these answers are just in the form
that I was hoping for.

It's really odd that what you sent did not appear on the mailing
list. It is possible that the mailing list had some trouble with
the attachment.
Maybe I could publish this document on my Google Docs and send a link on
PSPP-users mailing list so it would be avaiable for other users to read and
edit, what do you think?
That sounds like a good idea to me.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
Michał Dubrawski
2010-12-15 20:24:16 UTC
Dear Ben and all PSPP-users,

as we talked with Ben I have published CTABLES description with my friends
and my comments on Google Docs:

survey about CTABLES subcommands implementation to GNU
PSPP.doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RxR0_xY2GB4IQaFc3ICZ6lK3kGQN0lgA82DUlMsb5A0/edit?hl=pl&authkey=COTkivUP>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RxR0_xY2GB4IQaFc3ICZ6lK3kGQN0lgA82DUlMsb5A0/edit?hl=pl&authkey=COTkivUP

Now anyone who want to answer Ben's question about features of CTABLES can
use this document and add his or her comments. You can edit it without
logging in to Google Docs, you need only to click the link.

I hope it would be useful :-)

Kind regards,

Michal